Helloooooo! Gosh this summer is flying by, but I’ve had so much fun the last few weeks. I met my new niece, Sadie, and I’m now the proud auntie of 8 nieces and nephews (whew!), Mike and I went out-of-town to a family reunion, my best friend had twins and I was thrilled to find out I’m the godmother to one of them (!!!!!), we’ve been exploring new restaurants with outdoor patios, getting together with friends, and just trying to enjoy as much outdoor time before the weather turns on us!
Mike has taken a couple of acting classes over the last year and got the courage to audition for a show a few months ago. Lo and behold he got cast in Don’t Dress for Dinner and has been busy with shows every weekend this month. I’m finding that as you get older it gets scarier to try new things, so I’m so proud of him for trying something new and have really enjoyed seeing the show. This is the last weekend of performances, but if you live in the twin cities and are looking for something to do you can find details here.
Other than that, here are a few things that have caught my attention this week.
- Dunkirk is getting incredible reviews. I think we might try to see it this weekend. I love this article on how director, Christopher Nolan, didn’t actually know how famous Harry Styles was when casting him in the movie.
- A woman perfectly recreates her study abroad photos 30 years later! Such a great idea!
- Tips for making excellent ice cream sandwiches. The best summer treat if you ask me.
- I’m not a huge youtube watcher, but came across some fun videos of a young couple who took a road trip across the 48 continental states. I love their enthusiasm and this kid is definitely talented!
- Disney is pumping out the remakes these days. In November, we’ll get to see a live version of the Nutcracker starring Misty Copeland, Helen Mirren, and Keira Knightley. If you missed the powerful commercial of Misty Copeland reading her rejection letter to a ballet academy–it’s certainly worth a watch here. In other Disney remakes, Will Smith will be playing the Genie in Aladdin! Big shoes to fill after Robin Williams, but I think it was a perfect choice!
- How to wear a summer scarf, according to a Parisian.
- A simple and memorable idea for your overnight visitors.
- Adorable photos of Canada’s prime minister camping and teaching his kids the art of s’more making!
- Is learning a new language on your New Year’s resolutions list this year? Rosetta Stone is having a sale–now is your chance to stop talking about it and do it! I studied Spanish in high school and college, but would love to learn French or Italian.
- How cute is this instagram account? I know this isn’t the first time I’ve said this, but mom and daughter matchiness might be my favorite thing ever!:)
In case you missed it on Traveling Chic this week:
Have a great weekend and happy travels!